The B.A. (Economics) Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Bachelor of Economics (B.A. Economics) Program aims to meet the requirements of the dynamic world and equip students with the requisite knowledge that gives them an edge in the current competitive scenario and open up avenues to pursue varied career options. With this in mind, the core courses of Economics are supplemented by Management related courses.Duration :
Three yearsEligibility :
Pass in Class XII (any discipline).
Students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
The B.A. (Economics) Program is organized into 6 semesters in 3 years. There are 36 courses including soft skills. Students are additionally required to go through 2 summer internship projects.Elective Streams :
During the 5th and 6th semester, students are exposed to elective courses in their respective field of specialization. These elective courses provide an understanding in the specialized focus areas of economics.Electives :
Economics of Business, Labour of Economics, Bank Management, Economics of Gender & Development, Mathematical Economics, Demography, Entrepreneurship, Rural Banking & Micro- Finance.
|B.A. (Economics) Program Structure|
|Semester I||Semester - II|
|Summer Internship I|
|Semester - III||Semester - IV|
|Summer Internship II|
|Semester - V||Semester - VI|
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based programs offered by the ICFAI University Meghalaya at Tura & Shillong campuses. The medium of instruction is English.Eligibility:
- Pass in Class XII (any discipline). Students awaiting final examinations results are also eligible to apply.
- Students of Class XII who have not received the original certificates from the Board by July 19, 2021 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination. The registration of the candidates not meeting the criteria by September 15, 2021 will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of application and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Meghalaya in any course of ICFAI University, Meghalaya, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
APPLICATION MODALITIESGuidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- DD for Rs. 300.
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
Submission of Application Form: The completed Application Form for Admission along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of ‘The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c’) may be submitted to:The Admissions Officer,
The ICFAI University, Meghalaya,
Tura Campus :
Danakgre,(Near BSF Camp), PO Araimile,
Phone : 9436716440, 801424196
Shillong Campus :
Near Shillong Law College,
Phone : 0364-2220057, 9485158603, 8794250646
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.iumeghalaya.edu.in
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of ₹6,000 for UG Programs is to be paid by all the selected
candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced.
*Foreign students have to pay an admission fee of ₹7,000 for UG programs. The last date for payment of admission fee is June 28, 2021.
Caution Deposit (Refundable): Students have to pay Rs. 3,000 for UG Programs as Caution Deposit along with the first installment of Program Fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.
Students have to pay the program fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before July 20, 2021.
|Programs||Fee per semester (Rs.)||Total Program Fee (Rs.)|
|B.A. (Eco.) (6 semesters)||10,200||11,500||12,500||61,200||69,000||75,000|
All payments should be made by way of Demand Draft in favor of " The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c " payable at Tura / Shillong, Meghalaya.
|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||June 21, 2021|
|Interview and Admission Decision||June 28, 2021|
|Last Date for payment of admission fee||July 12, 2021|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of certificates and verification by producing originals and registrationn||July 14 & 15, 2021|
|Payment of First Semester Fee||On or before July 20, 2021|
|Commencement of Preparatory Classes||July 20-24, 2021|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||July 27, 2021|
B.A. (Eco.) PROGRAM
The Bachelor of Economics (B.A. Economics) Program aims to meet the requirements of the dynamic world and equip students with the requisite
knowledge that gives them an edge in the current competitive scenario and open up avenues to pursue varied career options.