|Particulars||B.A (Education) Program|
|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||August 13th, 2021|
|Interview and Admission Decision||August 17th, 2021|
|Last Date for payment of admission fee||August 23rd, 2021|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of certificates and verification by producing originals and registration||August 24th - 25th, 2021|
|Payment of First Semester Fee||on or before August 31st, 2021|
|Commencement of Preparatory Classes||September 1st - 4th, 2021|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||September 6th, 2021|
About the Program
The Bachelor in Arts in Education program is designed to prepare the students to understand, learn and practically apply the basic tenets of Education as a discipline of study. The program will help deliver skills and strategies for learning, from the sociological to the philosophical and psychological pillars of education. This program is prepared in a way to understand how we learn, what we learn, and how we transform that learning into action. The range of issues in education is vast. Hence, it will provide opportunities to explore topics with an in depth analysis. B.A. (Education) will give access to a wide range of learning experiences to hone the abilities and enable one to engage positively in any context.
Pass in Class XII (any discipline)
Students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
Program Structure :
The B.A. (Education) Program is organized into 6 semesters in 3 years. There are 36 courses. Students are additionally required to undertake 2 dissertations.
|B.A. (Education) Program Structure|
|Year||Semester - I||Semester - II|
|I||Foundations of Education||Thought and Practices in Education|
|History of Education in India||Educational Organization and Management|
|Education and Human Development||Educational Administration|
|Educational Psychology||Emerging Issues in Education|
|Education and Sociology||Trends in Contemporary Indian Education|
|English Writing||Alternative English/Modern Indian Languages (Khasi/Garo)|
|Summer Internship I|
|Year||Semester - III||Semester - IV|
|II||Learning Method and Pedagogy||Research Methodology in Education|
|Teacher Education||Comparative Education|
|Value and Moral Education||Economics of Education|
|Environmental Education||Alternative Schooling|
|Population Education||Human Rights and Education|
|Technical Report Writing||Environment Studies|
|Summer Internship II|
|Year||Semester - V||Semester - VI|
|III||Educational Measurement and Evaluation||Curriculum Designing|
|Educational Statistics||Education for Women in India|
|Technology and Education||Inclusive Education|
|Guidance and Counselling||Continuing and Adult Education|
|Higher Education in India||Distance Education|
|Mental Health Issues in Education||Special Education|
The program structure is subject to periodic review.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based programs offered by the ICFAI University Meghalaya at Tura & Shillong campuses. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in Class XII (any discipline). Students awaiting final examinations results are also eligible to apply.
- Students of Class XII who have not received the original certificates from the Board by July 19, 2021 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination. The registration of the candidates not meeting the criteria by September 15, 2021 will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
Admission Criteria :
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of application and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
Special Reservation :
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Meghalaya in any course of ICFAI University, Meghalaya, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
Guidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- DD for Rs. 300.
Attested Copies of Certificates :
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
Submission of Application Form :
The completed Application Form for Admission along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of ‘The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c’) may be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer,
The ICFAI University, Meghalaya,
Tura Campus :
Danakgre,(Near BSF Camp), PO Araimile,
Phone : 9436716440, 801424196
Shillong Campus :
Near Shillong Law College,
Phone : 0364-2220057, 9485158603, 8794250646
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.iumeghalaya.edu.in
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of ₹6,000 for UG Programs is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced.
*Foreign students have to pay an admission fee of ₹7,000 for UG programs. The last date for payment of admission fee is June 28, 2021.
Caution Deposit (Refundable):
Students have to pay Rs. 3,000 for UG Programs as Caution Deposit along with the first installment of Program Fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.
Program Fee :
Students have to pay the program fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before July 20, 2021.
|Processing fee / Admission fee
(in Indian Rupees)
|FEE per annum (In Indian Rupees)||Refundable Caution deposit
(In Indian Rupees)
|6,000 + 3,000 (Caution)||6,000 + 3,000 (Caution)||7,000 + 3,000 (Caution)||48,000||60,000||72,000||3,000|
Note : All payments should be made by way of Demand Draft in favor of "The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c" payable at Tura / Shillong, Meghalaya.