|Particulars||B.A (Pol.Sci.) Program|
|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||June 19, 2023|
|Interview and Admission Decision||June 28, 2023|
|Last Date for payment of admission fee||July 10, 2023|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of certificates and verification by producing originals and registration||July 13 & 14, 2023|
|Payment of First Semester Fee||On or Before July 21, 2023|
|Commencement of Preparatory Classes||July 24 - 28, 2023|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||August 01, 2023|
Bachelor in Arts in Political Science (BA Pol. Sci. Program)
The Bachelor in Arts in Political Science attempts to study and understand world events, their background, and the how’s and why’s of decisions being made that affect the people in totality. The program is designed to explain and understand the political system and politics from local to global levels. Importantly, graduates of Political Science honours are prepared for careers in government sectors, in international organizations such as the UNO, business, law, journalism, psychology to name a few.
Pass in Class XII (any discipline)
Students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
Program Structure :
The B.A. (Political Science) Program is organized into 6 semesters in 3 years. There are 36 courses. Students are additionally required to undertake 2 dissertations.
|B.A (Pol. Sci.) Program Structure|
|Year||Semester - I||Semester - II|
|I||Approaches and Prospects of Social Sciences||Basic Principles of Political Theory - II|
|Basic Principles of Political Theory - I||Indian Political Thought - I|
|Indian Political Thought - I||Indian Government and Politics - I|
|Indian Government and Politics - I||Research Methodology in Political Science|
|Western Political Thought - I||Western Political Thought - I|
|English Writing||Alt. English/MIL|
|Summer Internship I|
|Year||Semester - III||Semester - IV|
|II||Public Administration - I||Public Administration - II|
|Major Constitutions of the World - I||Major Constitutions of the World - II|
|International Relations - I||Political Sociology - II|
|Political Sociology - I||Major Issues in Contemporary Politics - II|
|Democracy in India||Environmental Studies|
|Major Issues in Contemporary Politics - I||International Relations - I|
|Summer Internship II|
|Year||Semester - V||Semester - VI|
|III||Modern Political Ideologies||Politics of North East India - I|
|Politics of North East India - I||Political Ideologies - II|
|Women and Politics with special reference to India||Local Self Government in India - I|
|Political Ideologies - I||Human Rights|
|International Organization - UNO||Social Movement in India|
|Local Self Government in India - I||Foreign Policy of India|
The program structure is subject to periodic review.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based programs offered by the ICFAI University Meghalaya at Tura & Shillong campuses. The medium of instruction is English.
- Pass in Class XII (any discipline). Students awaiting final examinations results are also eligible to apply.
- Students of Class XII who have not received the original certificates from the Board by July 18th , 2023 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination. The registration of the candidates not meeting the criteria by September 15th , 2023 will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
Admission Criteria :
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of application and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
Special Reservation :
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Meghalaya in any course of ICFAI University, Meghalaya, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
Guidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- DD for Rs. 300.
Attested Copies of Certificates :
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
Submission of Application Form :
The completed Application Form for Admission along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of ‘The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c’) may be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer,
The ICFAI University, Meghalaya,
Tura Campus :
Danakgre,(Near BSF Camp), PO Araimile,
Phone : 9612885981, 8014241976
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.iumeghalaya.edu.in
Shillong Campus :
Near Shillong Law College,
Phone : 0364-2220057, 9485158603, 8794250646
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.iumeghalaya.edu.in
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of ₹6,000 for UG Programs is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced.
*Foreign students have to pay an admission fee of ₹7,000 for UG programs. The last date for payment of admission fee is July 10, 2023.
Caution Deposit (Refundable):
Students have to pay Rs. 3,000 for UG Programs as Caution Deposit along with the first installment of Program Fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.
Program Fee :
Students have to pay the program fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before July 21, 2023.
|Processing fee / Admission fee
(in Indian Rupees)
|FEE per annum (In Indian Rupees)|
Note : All payments should be made by way of Demand Draft in favor of "The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c" payable at Tura / Shillong, Meghalaya.