|Particulars||MA (Garo) Program|
|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||August 25th, 2021|
|Interview and Admission Decision||August 30th - 31st, 2021|
|Last Date for payment of admission fee||September 06th, 2021|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of certificates and verification by producing originals and registration||September 7th - 8th ,2021|
|Payment of First Semester Fee||On or before September 14th, 2021|
|Commencement of Preparatory Classes||September 15th - 17th, 2021|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||September 20th, 2021|
About the Program
The Master of Arts in Garo program aims to cater to the needs and aspirations of the students of Meghalaya, Assam and other parts of the North-East India. The syllabus is based on the latest publication covering important aspects of Garo language and literature. The students also get an opportunity to explore more about Garo language & literature through dissertation.
B.A. in Garo (Honours) with an aggregate of 45% or B.A. (Pass) with Garo as a Pass Course, with not less than 50% in aggregate in the said paper.
Program Structure :
The Master of Arts in Garo is organized into 4 semesters in 2 years. There are 17 courses including a course in Value Education and a Dissertation.
|MA (Goro) Program Structure|
|Year||Semester - I||Semester - II|
|I||History of Garo Literature and Language||Fiction|
|Traditional poetry||Literature in Translation|
|Linguistics||Phonetics and Phonology|
|Year||Semester - III||Semester - IV|
|II||Epic||Modern Poetry - I|
|Modern Drama||Folklore - II|
|Literary Theory and Criticism||Contemporary Poetry|
|Folklore - I||Indian Writing in English and in Translation|
|Universal Human Values and Professional Ethics||-|
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based programs offered by the ICFAI University Meghalaya at Tura & Shillong campuses. The medium of instruction is English.
Pass in B.A. in Garo (Honours) with an aggregate of 45% or B.A. (Pass) with Garo as a Pass Course, with not less than 50% in aggregate in the said paper.
Final year degree students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
For the purpose of determining eligibility based on aggregate percentage of marks, the procedure used by the respective university in award of the degree will only be taken into consideration. All applicants should have completed a minimum of 15 years of formal schooling by July 19, 2021. Applicants who have completed their graduation on a one-time sitting basis or on a 2-year basis are not eligible for admission to the MBA / M.Com / MTTM / MCA / MA Programs.
Students in their final year bachelor’s degree course are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their graduation requirements including practical examinations/viva assignments before July 19, 2021. Such applicants will have to produce a certificate to that effect at the time of admission. The admission of applicants will, however, remain provisional until they produce mark sheets and a degree certificate establishing their eligibility. The registration of the candidates not meeting the criteria / non-submission of graduation transcripts by September 15, 2021 will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
Spot admission will be given to deserving students.
Admission Criteria :
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of application and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
Special Reservation :
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Meghalaya in any course of ICFAI University, Meghalaya, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
Guidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- DD for Rs. 300.
Attested Copies of Certificates :
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
Submission of Application Form :
The completed Application Form for Admission along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of ‘The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c’) may be submitted to:
The Admissions Officer,
The ICFAI University, Meghalaya,
Tura Campus :
Danakgre,(Near BSF Camp), PO Araimile,
Phone : 9436716440, 801424196
Shillong Campus :
Near Shillong Law College,
Phone : 0364-2220057, 9485158603, 8794250646
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.iumeghalaya.edu.in
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of ₹12,000 for PG Programs is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced.
*Foreign students have to pay an admission fee of ₹14,000 for PG Programs. The last date for payment of admission fee is July 21, 2021.
Caution Deposit (Refundable):
Students have to pay Rs. 5,000 for PG Programs as Caution Deposit along with the first installment of Program Fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.
Program Fee :
Students have to pay the program fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before July 31, 2021.
|Processing fee / Admission fee
(in Indian Rupees)
|FEE per annum (In Indian Rupees)||Refundable Caution deposit
(In Indian Rupees)
|MA (Garo) (4 semesters)||12,000 + 5,000 (Caution)||12,000 + 5,000 (Caution)||14,000 + 5,000 (Caution)||80,000||1,00,000||1,20,000||5,000|
Note : All payments should be made by way of Demand Draft in favor of "The ICFAI University, Meghalaya - Fee Collection A/c" payable at Tura / Shillong, Meghalaya.